Sunday 4 March 2012

Mapymyride v Strava round 2

Looks consistant - distance, speed, max speed all perfect. But this was not 1024m ascent! Disappointed that Strava missed my time for Dornach - Gempen as well, I really put in a decent time here. For some reason it only recognised a segment in the middle of the climb. On the early slopes an average gent was quickly brushed aside, but just ahead was a young guy with "gold wurst power" on his kit. For the first half, he had the edge and was powering ahead, gradually getting further away from me. But I kept my pace well, and the young chap was reeled in after 16mins or so, and I thought he was going to keep my wheel but he faded quickly. Would have been around 19 mins, not far off king of the mountain but it would have brought me up the leader board.
So heres the results, distance and time by Strava, correct hill measurements by mapmyride.


After that, I exported the data from mapmyride and uploaded to ridewithgps - one of the nicest layouts for post ride analysis. Here, the final total for my ascent is 1329m! So clearly mapmyride has a sensible algorithm for rounding gps data. 

No comments:

Post a Comment