Sunday 26 June 2011

More for l'etape

Today was mostly the same as last week, except the loop of Brunnersberg was clockwise, starting from Balstahl and was a much tougher climb, a continuous ascent of almost 600m ascent. The anti clockwise route is not so steep and has many recovery points, so this was better training today. Also I managed to tag on one extra climb at the end, which was tough to do as it was back up the hill from Grellingen - following the cycle path back along the river is the natural way to go home.
But with that extra climb, I managed to get over 2500m ascent into the ride, just what the etape doctor ordered. I wonder if he will sign and stamp my medical certificate now, the final item I need to prepare.
Good to get some sun and heat training as well, today was mostly 25 degrees, later in the day is much hotter at 28 but I'd finished by that time.
Very clear today, on the summit of Brunnersberg I could see across to the real Swiss alps in the far distance, all still snow capped of course.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/38918706  124km, 5hr 27

No comments:

Post a Comment