Sunday 22 April 2012

End of winter

It really must be the end of snowy rides now, its been too long and I have far too many snowy bike photos on this blog. At least next week the forecast is 25 degrees and sunshine.
Did I attempt to climb Blauen because of a water bottle, or because of Haute Route Training? Whatever the motivation, it was freezing cold descending to Badenweiler in the wet, a brief wait inside a restaurant which had just closed was enough to warm me up and persuade me the only way to warm up was to do some climbing. It worked, and when I looked behind and saw light clouds below I thought the sun was breaking through - only it was a full on blizzard! 
At the top of the pass on L131 (pass doesnt seem to have a name?) it really felt like this was finally the last blast of winter, as the skies cleared and the view was spectacular, fresh snow on the top of Belchen.

But really, this must be the final weekend of gloves, hat, leggings, arm warmers....

No comments:

Post a Comment