Saturday 5 November 2011

der Herbst

Although this is my first mountain bike blog entry, the stumpy has been out on the hills south west of Basel up to Gempen several times now, and I'm getting to know how to join the best singletrack sections together. Some of the best parts are now out of use as a group is about to prepare them for a manicured downhill bike trail, no signs of any tailbuilding so far just very obvious signs saying no mountain biking which even I can understand.

The best of the autumn views were last week, it really was absolutely stunning looking out from above the limestone cliffs close to Gempen turm.  Alas I didn't take my camera with me so today I could mostly take shots of the blanket of fallen leaves.

Also of note, as its my first winter here I don't know if we had a cold spell 3-4 weeks ago, or if now is unseasonably warm. So still out in shorts and fingerless gloves, but I would expect to have some nice snowy photos looking across Basel-Land very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment